A 2-hour interactive seminar that covers the absolute essentials for every working actor!
Date: Sunday, March 21st 2015
Capacity: Limited to 20 actors!
Location: AGR, 15 West 28th Street, 9th Floor, NYC
AGR-ientation! Designed by our experienced staff of casting directors, actors, and teachers, an AGR-ientation seminar gives actors an overview of everything from the basics of the business to the secrets of the industry. Whether you consider yourself a beginner or pride yourself on being a veteran, this is the class you need to take before you go on your next audition.
* What is my "type"? Does this matter?
* Do I have a good headshot? What makes a great headshot?
* What do casting directors look for in a resume? How should I format my resume? What should and shouldn't be on my resume?
* How do I find out what shows are filming? How do I find out who's casting? What do I need to know about pilot season?
* What's the key to landing an agent? What do I do once I get an agent?
* Do I need a reel? Why? Do I need a website? Why?
* What can I do to go from getting auditions to booking roles?
And that's just the start! Over the course of two hours, we will give an overview of the business of acting and the core fundamentals. Talent is just the beginning. If acting is your passion, then you have to treat it like a career, right down to knowing how to package yourself, how to pursue opportunities, and how to close deals. We will of course answer questions as well!
Through our intensives and professional events, we have had the incredible opportunity to work closely and develop relationships with the acting world's top industry professionals, including casting directors, agents, and managers. Now what we have learned from them, we bring to the actor eager to advance his or her career. And we're not talking tomorrow or next week or in a few months - we mean NOW. The Actor's Green Room prides itself on delivering consistent quality, exceeding expectations, and producing results that are unmatched in our industry. Such commitment is fueled by our hard-working actors, so we can think of no better way to repay the favor than by offering a course as comprehensive and indispensable as the AGR-ientation.
Canedy Knowles has been working in front of the camera, on the stage, and behind the scenes most of her life. She has appeared in network series, major motion pictures, and Off Broadway and currently performs with Chicago City Limits. Canedy is also the Director of the Touring company for Chicago City Limits.